There was a full strategy and account rebuild required, starting with understanding the overall business objectives and targets to ensure the PPC strategy aligned with the client’s goals.
We recommended and agreed to refocus the primary KPIs, introducing Cost of Sale as the primary focus, with ROI secondary which increased efficiencies.
We focused our efforts on improving and maintaining profitability, whilst increasing market share. The key here was to understand product performance and margins to maximise budgets, so we introduced quarterly strategy reviews to understand changes at the business and highlight where we are, where we can improve, and what the overall landscape of opportunity looks like for growth, to deliver a truly collaborative campaign.
This approach turned out to be crucial as the Covid-19 pandemic started to impact businesses and we had to react to these changes. We delivered research into market trends during COVID-19 to seize timely opportunities and increased our level of communication with the client to understand the supply-and-demand chains they were dealing with.
Implementation and actions included:
- Enhanced and improved relevance between keywords, ads, and landing pages to improve Quality Score, user relevancy, and ultimately, sales.
- Analysed Call-to-Actions being utilised by most competitors and introduced a more unique approach to help set our messaging apart.
- Increased ROAS and implemented ad customisers via scripts to automatically include real-time prices of products on-site in copy.
- Reviewed and optimised all Ads & Ad Extensions.
- Liaised with the Google teams to produce monthly keyword trend reports and inform decisions within the account as the market behaviour shifted over time.
- Introduced YouTube advertising to coincide with the launch of their new TV ads.
- Incorporated client data to fuel demographic targeting choices within the account