About Evolved Search
Evolved Search is an award-winning, dynamic, and ambitious digital marketing agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We deliver data-led and creative SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Digital PR & CRO services for brands and companies across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on those in Retail, Automotive, and Finance.
We differentiate ourselves by providing market-leading and game-changing results on client campaigns acquired thanks to deep knowledge, constant learning, and years of experience managing Organic and Paid strategies.
With ambitious growth plans for the coming 5 years, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Evolved Search team. We’re big on people, offering exciting and genuine opportunities to develop and progress, and offer a healthy dose of team member perks that go way beyond the ordinary.
Please note, if we receive a high response for this role we may close the campaign early.
About the Role
This is a brand-new and exciting role within our growing Conversion Rate Optimisation service and offers the chance for the successful candidate to really make this role their own. We want you to come in and really take ownership of the way we research, analyse and present insights to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll help and establish our UX offering and be our go-to person for anything user experience related.
You’ll help focus our client strategies using a variety of quantitative/qualitative methods and be confident in wrapping up insights into reports, documents and presentations. We’d also love you to get involved in the creation of wider business reports on trends, benchmarks and the future of UX to share on our Insights and social media channels.
Duties will include the creation & implementation of usability testing, customer surveys, mouse tracking analysis, heuristic evaluations and user-centred design, plus whatever else you can bring to the table. Overall, we want someone who can work autonomously, think independently and show passion for the field of UX.
Duties & Responsibilities
A day-in-the-life of a UX Researcher at Evolved Search looks a little bit like this:
- You’ll be tasked with research, analysis and a bit more research!
- You’ll help focus our client strategies with data and insights and be on hand to present these to clients, as well as liaising closely with teams from across the agency to communicate this effectively.
- There’ll be face-to-face meetings (one day soon, hopefully!), client calls, Zoom meetings and client presentations to be a part of, as well as involvement with new business proposals and prospect pitches.
- Providing insights for the Evolved blog and participate in industry events/webinars etc. where required.
- Creation & implementation of usability testing, customer surveys, mouse tracking analysis, heuristic evaluations and user-centred design.
- Presenting data and insights in an engaging and informative way to various stakeholders, as well as preparing reports and other documents where required.
The rest is still unwritten, as the famous philosopher Natasha Bedingfield once said. The opportunities are endless with this one!
What we're looking for
Did we mention this is an entirely new role for the agency? We’re looking for someone to take full ownership, come packed with ideas and make an impact right away. We’re also looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar UX role.
- Has a real passion for generating and analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Possesses an interest in human psychology and the study of people, as well as being able to empathise with them and piece together a detailed understanding of their wants, needs, challenges and how and why they do certain things.
- Is an advocate for user-focused design processes and the confidence to drive this approach within the agency.
- Is a confident presenter with internal and external stakeholders and can communicate at a high level, as well as being able to simplify complex processes and rationales to cater to every audience.
- Has the ability and initiative to work autonomously and independently and show a passion for UX.
What's in it for you
Skills and experience like yours come at a price, we get it. In addition to a fair and competitive salary (DOE), we also offer our team members:
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
- A fantastic working environment with a talented, friendly, cooperative team.
- Flexible working and time off in lieu.
- An enhanced holiday package that offers way more than your average. 36 paid days off p/a, actually!
- Regular social activities, charity initiatives, conferences, awards, and events, plus one of the best Christmas parties in the biz.
- Premium private health insurance.
- Fantastic offices in Newcastle’s creative hub, The Toffee Factory, with a relaxed culture. Please note, at present, we are working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, but hope to be back at our central Newcastle offices once it’s safe to do so.
- Access to our Company perks and benefits platform.
Feel free to discover more about our Culture and Benefits here.
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you and applying couldn’t be simpler.
Upload your CV and (ideally!) a Cover Letter via the form on this page. Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate.