About Evolved Search
Evolved Search is an award-winning, dynamic, and ambitious digital marketing agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We deliver data-led and creative SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Digital PR & CRO services for brands and companies across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on those in Retail, Automotive, and Finance.
We differentiate ourselves by providing market-leading and game-changing results on client campaigns acquired thanks to deep knowledge, constant learning, and years of experience managing Organic and Paid strategies.
With ambitious growth plans for the coming 5 years, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Evolved Search team. We’re big on people, offering exciting and genuine opportunities to develop and progress, and offer a healthy dose of team member perks that go way beyond the ordinary.
Please note, if we receive a high response for this role we may close the campaign early.
About the Role
As Technical SEO Executive, you’ll be a dab hand at using SEO to achieve sustainable visibility on search engines and will be accountable for the technical integrity of clients’ websites and digital properties.
Whilst all things Technical are your thing, you will also be proficient in providing non-technical clients and stakeholders with clear, concise and jargon-free recommendations.
Reporting to our Head of SEO & Content, the successful candidate will undertake technical SEO audits, keyword research, and backlink analysis as a core part of the role, and must be able to deliver reports and other insight using a suite of industry-leading software and tools, in a timely manner.
The digital landscape is always evolving, so it is imperative the successful candidate keeps their SEO knowledge up-to-date, using on-the-job training that’s provided.
A day in the life of a Technical SEO Executive looks a little bit like this…
- Perform in-depth on-site, technical and backlink profile reviews.
- Oversee the implementation of technical SEO recommendations, working alongside relevant team members and external partners.
- Attend client meetings and contribute to preparation.
- Monitor performance of strategies and identify areas of improvement.
- Support with larger technical initiatives, such as website migrations.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with Account Managers and colleagues across the business to ensure campaigns run smoothly.
- Collate data and contribute to report creation and insight.
- Use a suite of SEO-specific tools, including Screaming Frog, GSC, Ahrefs, Searchmetrics, STAT, and Google Data Studio.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest search news and trends and communicate this as necessary with colleagues and clients.
What we're looking for
This is a specialist role within the team and we’re looking for someone with a passion to develop in Technical SEO and strengthen our growing department.
Some of the desirables we’re seeking include:
- At least 1 year’s experience in technical SEO, either agency or client side.
- Hard worker and willing to learn.
- Experience in various SEO tools and relevant applications.
- Understanding of Google algorithms and history.
- Experience working collaboratively with developers.
What you'll get from us
Skills and experience like yours come at a price, we get it. In addition to a fair and competitive salary (DOE), we also offer our team members:
- A fantastic working environment with a talented, friendly, cooperative team.
- An enhanced holiday package that offers way more than your average. 36 paid days off p/a, actually!
- Regular social activities, charity initiatives, conferences, awards, and events, plus one of the best Christmas parties in the biz.
- Premium private health insurance.
- Fantastic offices in Newcastle’s creative hub, The Toffee Factory, with a relaxed culture. Please note, at present, we are working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, but hope to be back at our central Newcastle offices once it’s safe to do so.
- Access to our Company perks and benefits platform.
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
Feel free to discover more about our Culture and Benefits here.
Sound like your ideal next role?
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you and applying couldn’t be simpler.
Upload your CV and (ideally!) a Cover Letter via the form on this page. Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate.