About Evolved Search
Evolved Search is an award-winning, dynamic, and ambitious digital marketing agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We deliver data-led and creative SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Digital PR & CRO services for brands and companies across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on those in Retail, Automotive, and Finance.
We differentiate ourselves by providing market-leading and game-changing results on client campaigns acquired thanks to deep knowledge, constant learning, and years of experience managing Organic and Paid strategies.
With ambitious growth plans, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Evolved Search team. We’re big on people, offering exciting and genuine opportunities to develop and progress, and offer a healthy dose of team member perks that go way beyond the ordinary.
Please note, if we receive a high response for this role we may close the campaign early.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of SEO, you will manage a subteam of five people within the wider department and be responsible for the planning and management of technical SEO strategies and tasks for clients.
A key focus within your role will be delivering results and developing our Technical SEO offering as an agency, in addition to developing and supporting your team. Day-to-day you will ensure that work produced by yourself and your direct reports is of a high standard and delivered within timescales.
Objectives will likely involve project and performance management, strategic planning, sales support, resourcing, and operational efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Support the Head of SEO in the development of the overall technical SEO service and products.
- Manage the growth of your subteam with regular 121s, personal development plans, and training.
- Oversee the development and documentation of strategic processes and initiatives for the department and agency, with direction from the Head of SEO.
- Ensure the delivery of outstanding work within timescales for key client campaigns, both from yourself and direct reports. This includes (but is not limited to) technical audits, reports, and day-to-day consultancy.
- Act as a senior contact for all clients investing in technical SEO and represent the department at key strategic meetings and reviews.
- Continuously improve knowledge and understanding of key developments within the industry and enable the department to do the same.
- Plan and lead larger technical initiatives for clients, such as website migrations, from project start to completion.
What we're looking for
Desired skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years in technical SEO or a similar discipline.
- Proven experience managing and growing a team.
- Proven experience in delivering successful SEO strategies.
- Confident in managing a diverse workload and deadlines.
- Innovative and able to identify new opportunities for growth within the service and the department.
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn, and open to sharing ideas with clients and colleagues alike.
- Experienced in reporting directly to clients at a senior level.
What we'll offer you
Skills and experience like yours come at a price, we get it. In addition to a fair and competitive salary (DOE), we also offer our team members:
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
- A 4-day working week! We’re one of the only employers in the North East to offer a 4-day week as standard with no impact on pay.
- A fantastic working environment with a talented, friendly, cooperative team.
- Flexible working and time off in lieu.
- An enhanced holiday package that offers way more than your average. 36 paid days off p/a, in fact!
- Regular social activities, charity initiatives, conferences, awards, and events, plus one of the best Christmas parties in the biz.
- Premium private health insurance.
- Fantastic, spacious offices slap-bang in the middle of central Newcastle with restaurants and bars on the doorstep, free snacks, and relaxed culture, for when you want to be in an office environment. Employees can decide on a working pattern that suits their lifestyle and working preferences, with a mixture of office-based and working from home days.
- Advanced maternity, paternity, and adoption packages.
- A personal training budget to help you progress, learn and develop in your role.
- A time allowance for charity work, enabling you to support causes you’re passionate about during working hours.
Discover more about our Culture and Benefits here.
Fancy the challenge?
If this all sounds good to you, and this role matches your expertise and experience, then we’d love to hear from you!
Upload your CV and (ideally) a Cover Letter via the form on this page. Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate and what you’d bring to the role.
We respond to all candidates as standard, but please be patient with us as it may take us the duration of the campaign to get back to you. We like to keep candidate details on file if the role we have live may not be for you, but we absolutely need you in our team. We do this by holding your details in our talent pool in line with our GDPR policy.
Note: We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage/civil partnerships.