About Evolved Search
Evolved Search is an award-winning, dynamic, and ambitious digital marketing agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We deliver data-led and creative SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Digital PR & CRO services for brands and companies across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on those in Retail, Automotive, and Finance.
We differentiate ourselves by providing market-leading and game-changing results on client campaigns acquired thanks to deep knowledge, constant learning, and years of experience managing Organic and Paid strategies.
With ambitious growth plans for the coming 5 years, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Evolved Search team. We’re big on people, offering exciting and genuine opportunities to develop and progress, and offer a healthy dose of team member perks that go way beyond the ordinary.
Please note, if we receive a high response for this role we may close the campaign early.
About the Role
This is an exciting role within our growing Strategy department and a chance to really make the position your own as we continue on our ambitious growth path and make strategy even more integral to our overall service offering.
As Search Strategist, you’ll report to our Head of Strategy and Performance and be accountable for multi-channel organic and paid strategies across an assigned portfolio of clients. You will oversee and manage the performance of different teams and departments, ensuring that client growth objectives are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
A day-in-the-life of a Search Strategist looks a little bit like this:
- Responsible for defining, developing, and delivering effective strategies for a portfolio of assigned clients, that align with agreed client objectives.
- Lead the execution and implementation of client strategies and consult with Account Managers where required.
- Monitor client performance in relation to targets, and proactively adapt and refine strategies accordingly.
- Effectively distribute and allocate internal resource in line with client objectives and growth targets.
- Responsible for defining, developing, and delivering client reports, in line with their requirements and objectives.
- Scope out new up-sell and cross-sell opportunities and contribute to client growth plans (KAPs) led by Client Services.
- Support the Head of Strategy and Performance in developing the agency’s strategic framework and processes and contribute to any new initiatives.
- Assist with any documentation and training required as part of further establishing the Strategy department and service.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for someone with experience who can make an impact from the off! You’ll also have:
- At least 2-3 years experience in SEO, either agency or client-side.
- Strong knowledge of all facets of SEO and a good understanding of other marketing channels/functions, in particular, PPC and CRO.
- Strategic ability to understand projects and their differing analytical goals.
- Able to work with cross-agency teams to execute marketing campaigns.
- Able to develop new ways to improve, track and monitor search performance.
- Able to explain complex concepts to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator, internally and externally.
- Must continuously stay abreast of industry developments, innovation, and search best practice and actively share knowledge across the team.
What we'll offer you
Skills and experience like yours come at a price, we get it. In addition to a fair and competitive salary (DOE), we also offer our team members:
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
- A fantastic working environment with a talented, friendly, cooperative team.
- Flexible working and time off in lieu.
- An enhanced holiday package that offers way more than your average. 36 paid days off p/a, actually!
- Regular social activities, charity initiatives, conferences, awards, and events, plus one of the best Christmas parties in the biz.
- Premium private health insurance.
- Fantastic offices in Newcastle’s creative hub, The Toffee Factory, with a relaxed culture. Please note, at present, we are working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, but hope to be back at our central Newcastle offices once it’s safe to do so.
- Access to our Company perks and benefits platform.
Feel free to discover more about our Culture and Benefits here.
Sound like your thing?
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you and applying couldn’t be simpler.
Upload your CV and (ideally!) a Cover Letter via the form on this page. Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate.