About Evolved Search
Evolved Search is an award-winning, dynamic, and ambitious digital marketing agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We deliver data-led and creative SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Digital PR & CRO services for brands and companies across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on those in Retail, Automotive, and Finance.
We differentiate ourselves by providing market-leading and game-changing results on client campaigns acquired thanks to deep knowledge, constant learning, and years of experience managing Organic and Paid strategies.
With ambitious growth plans for the coming 5 years, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Evolved Search team. We’re big on people, offering exciting and genuine opportunities to develop and progress, and offer a healthy dose of team member perks that go way beyond the ordinary.
Please note, if we receive a high response for this role we may close the campaign early.
About the role
As a member of the Evolved Search Sales team, you’ll be expected to proactively target strategic/enterprise and mid-market level prospects, identifying and quantifying their search marketing business needs, uncovering and valuing the associated pain to the business and where our services and expertise could help.
You will also respond to any inbound enquiries from our website and or direct approaches created by marketing campaigns in a timely manner, present our value proposition, gather key information around business needs, and qualify them for a more in-depth discussion.
Working with the services teams and Senior Sales Consultant, you will create valuable solutions that address the customers underlying issues, creating demonstrable financial business cases sufficiently powerful to ensure they purchase the Evolved Search offering. This is a named account sales role focused on selling to mid and large “new logo” companies that will already have significant relationships with agency partners and are focused on improving marketing performance and their business outcomes.
You will be required to execute a complex, solution-based consultative sales process to identify client pain, develop needs, qualify, and formulate value-based solutions.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a team that is an integral part of the sales organisation within Evolved, with plenty of benefits and perks and opportunity for progression within the organisation.
The day in the life of a Sales Consultant at Evolved looks a little like this:
- Active engagement and participation in specific marketing events as well as active productive client and industry networking.
- Working towards and accountability for an agreed sales target and set of KPIs.
- Develop new business opportunities by analysing and proactively targeting high-potential functions within a company and navigate the internal hierarchy to influence decision-makers and maximise the opportunity for Evolved Search.
- Articulate and demonstrate the Evolved Search value proposition, delivering unique business and technical value.
- Execute end-to-end sales activities, including lead generation, lead follow up, opportunity qualification, sales process, pitching, business financial approvals and contracting.
- Proactively develop from initial search opportunities, unsolicited proposals that justify the expanded use of Evolved Search’s other services to bring further value to the client.
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success.
- Track all relevant sales activity using the company’s CRM tool.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for someone with experience who can make an impact from the off, with:
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years Sales experience.
- Proven ‘hunter’ selling skills, preferably in search marketing, technology, software, or IT.
- Track record of exceeding targets, recognition amongst peers, award wins, etc.
- Ability to travel freely within the UK to meet the needs of clients and prospects.
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and a desire to deeply understand and demonstrate our skills and abilities.
- Strong commercial skills and overall business acumen.
- Clear communication skills and excellent phone etiquette, with the ability to influence and speak with C-Level and senior executives and ask thought-provoking questions.
- Strong interpersonal skills (friendly, outgoing, not afraid to talk to strangers)
- Desire and willingness to get creative with outbound approaches.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company where change is a constant.
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with fellow team members.
- Passion about fundamentally transforming the way people utilise digital marketing to realise exceptional outcomes and results.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
What you'll get from us
- Hybrid working, blending working from home and in-office working, designed by you to fit your personal life.
- A truly flexible working policy with a time banking system and minimal core hours, so you can design your working day.
- Premium private health insurance through Bupa, covering both physical and mental health, for you and your partner/children.
- An employee assistance program.
- Access to Perkbox.
- An enhanced range of policies such as a holiday package that offers 36 paid days off p/a, enhanced Maternity and Paternity packages, and more.
- Matched pension contributions up to 8%.
- 5% monthly Personal Development training time (1-day per month) and a personal training budget to match.
- A bank of personal volunteering hours and a matched donation scheme to support a charity of your choosing.
- A generous gift from the team on your birthday, not to mention a beer or two.
- Summer team bonding activity with overnight stay and a Christmas party that sometimes goes international! Covid- dependent, obviously.
- Regular paid for social activities, conferences, awards, and events including our very own team awards, The Evolvies.
- Eyecare voucher with financial support towards frames.
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving competitive salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
If you aren’t based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne or surrounding areas but would love to work for an award-winning agency with People at the top of the agenda, please continue with your application and we will discuss our hybrid model with you further as part of our interview process.
Sound like the right role for you?
If reading all of that sounds like the right place for you, and this role matches your expertise and experience, then we’d love to hear from you.
Upload your CV and (ideally!) a Cover Letter via the form on this page. Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate.
We respond to all candidates as standard, but please be patient with us as it may take us the duration of the campaign to get back to you. We like to keep candidate details on file if the role we have live may not be for you, but we absolutely need you in our team. We do this by holding your details in our talent pool in line with our GDPR policy.