About Evolved Search
Evolved Search is an award-winning, dynamic, and ambitious digital marketing agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We deliver data-led and creative SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Digital PR & CRO services for brands and companies across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on those in Retail, Automotive, and Finance.
We differentiate ourselves by providing market-leading and game-changing results on client campaigns acquired thanks to deep knowledge, constant learning, and years of experience managing Organic and Paid strategies.
With ambitious growth plans for the coming 5 years and a brand-new HQ on the horizon in central Newcastle, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Evolved Search team.
We’re big on people, offering exciting and genuine opportunities to develop and progress, and offer a healthy dose of team member perks that go way beyond the ordinary.
Please note, if we receive a high response for this role we may close the campaign early.
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, you’ll hold responsibility for the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis. In addition to this, you will assist the finance manager with admin tasks around monthly finances including invoicing, accounts payable, and monthly payroll reporting.
You will oversee Company property and be the first point of contact for all IT related support (working with IT support contractors).
Day-to-day, you will be the main point of contact for all office supplies, suppliers and compliance. You will be responsible for developing, and improving as needed, general office protocols including safety measures, administrative procedures, inventory control, and overseeing weekly expenses.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Office Manager and Bookkeeper role has two streams of responsibility, which include:
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Management and maintenance of the office environment including:
- IT support / procurement / network management.
- Purchasing sundries and maintaining stock levels including office supplies, gifts, onboarding equipment, IT, new starter welcome packs.
- First point of contact for all direct correspondence, inbound office phone calls and mail.
- Administration of generic office software tools (setting up profiles etc.)
- Ad-hoc support with travel, accommodation, events and training requirements.
- PA support to Company directors as required.
- Supporting employee onboarding with IT induction and H&S DSE procedure.
- H&S including Safety assessments and training (First Aid, Mental Health First Aid, Fire risk)
- General day to day office tasks and duties
- Organising internal maintenance and repairs
- Managing external suppliers
- Assisting in planning company events – Summer and Christmas Parties, for example.
- Bookkeeping/reconciliation & accruals with Xero
- Controlling aged debt / liaising with client accounts
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Bank payments (supplier, payroll, and tax)
- Processing staff expenses
- Assisting with VAT returns / statutory
- Answering finance-related queries by phone and email
What we're looking for
This is a crucial role for the business. We’ve grown impressively over the past few years and are on an ambitious growth path as an organisation, so there’s lots to do and we need a hyper-organised, diligent professional to take the helm of our shiny new central Newcastle office!
- Demonstrate at least 3 years of management of an office and or in a finance/accounts dept.
- Proficient in (or familiar with) accountancy/payroll software – preferably Xero.
- Experience with online banking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Google sheets/docs/drive ^
- Ideally, you will hold a form of accounting qualification – AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Experience with PA responsibilities such as travel and diary requirements and other key administrative tasks.
What you'll get in return
Skills and experience like yours come at a price, we get it. In addition to a fair and competitive salary (DOE), we also offer our team members:
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
- A fantastic working environment with a talented, friendly, cooperative team.
- Flexible working and time off in lieu.
- An enhanced holiday package that offers way more than your average. 36 paid days off p/a, actually!
- Regular social activities, charity initiatives, conferences, awards, and events, plus one of the best Christmas parties in the biz.
- Premium private health insurance.
- Fantastic (and brand-new!) offices in central Newcastle-upon-Tyne with a relaxed culture. Please note, at present, we are working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, but hope to be in the office together when it’s safe to do so.
- Access to our Company perks and benefits platform, Perkbox.
- Advanced maternity/paternity package.
Feel free to discover more about our Culture and Benefits here.
Ready for a new challenge?
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you and applying couldn’t be simpler.
Upload your CV and (ideally!) a Cover Letter via the form on this page. Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate.