About Evolved Search
Evolved Search is an award-winning, dynamic, and ambitious digital marketing agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We deliver data-led and creative SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Digital PR & CRO services for brands and companies across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on those in Retail, Automotive, and Finance.
We differentiate ourselves by providing market-leading and game-changing results on client campaigns acquired thanks to deep knowledge, constant learning, and years of experience managing Organic and Paid strategies.
With ambitious growth plans for the coming 5 years and a brand-new HQ on the horizon in central Newcastle, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Evolved Search team.
We’re big on people, offering exciting and genuine opportunities to develop and progress, and offer a healthy dose of team member perks that go way beyond the ordinary.
Please note, if we receive a high response for this role we may close the campaign early.
About the Role
This is a brand-new and exciting hybrid role within the senior leadership team of the business.
You will have full responsibility for the finance function and lead key transformation initiatives across the Company, building a Finance Department capable of supporting a £10m+ revenue business within 3 years (approx. double current size).
The business is on an exciting journey with a steep growth curve and has a track record of hitting targets. This role is key to ensuring we keep our momentum and remain at the top of our industry.
In addition to the Finance role, you will work with the Operations Director in determining resource allocations across teams in the business, identifying efficiencies and assisting in rolling out the initiatives which follow. You will compile relevant management information to assist in wider business decisions and play a key role in formulating the business strategy moving forward.
This is a unique and challenging opportunity for a qualified accountant with a strong commercial focus to get involved in the wider business (day to day) and help mould its future as our exciting growth continues.
As the business continues its growth, there is likely to be an option to specialise in one of the two areas depending on preference for each role and career aspirations.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will wear a couple of hats within this role, spanning general business operations and finance. Duties include and are not limited to:
- Redesign, build and execute the standardised accounting and month-end process.
- Work alongside the management team to agree and build a format for a detailed periodic financial reporting pack, including timely delivery of monthly financial statements, key operational metrics and relevant insight.
- Advise the Board and management team on key areas of material financial value and risk.
- Ensure business-wide processes and functions are fit for statutory audit.
- Support and train a small team to drive more effective structures and processes around purchase ledger, payment process, credit control, daily banking etc.
- Track and plan all relevant tax and statutory filing.
- Drive effective cash-flow process, forecasting and wider budgeting and strategic planning.
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure.
- Monthly management accounts.
- Develop, implement and maintain policy-related procedures, including expenses, benefits (e.g. pension) and other People-related costs.
- Filing all statutory documentation.
- Surplus cash management.
- Coordinating with our Operations Director and working closely with the Head of People in planning and allocating resources across internal teams, ensuring operational efficiency ahead of requirement.
- Lead the development of continuous improvement projects.
- Plan and implement key initiatives to help improve operational efficiency.
- Responsible for the ongoing reporting of key operational metrics and associated analysis and insight, plus recommendations for new initiatives.
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years experience post qualification CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of SMB accounting software, associated add-ons.
- Experience in effectively managing a small team within a fast-paced financial environment.
- A competent understanding of efficient tax planning and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and experience of working with a multi-discipline leadership team.
- Knowledge of financial tools, including, Excel and MS Office suite and Google Docs.
- Extensive experience working within a dedicated and high performing team within a high-growth business.
Desirable but not essential experience:
- A specific understanding of the creative agency / digital marketing space.
- Working directly with and managing executive-level team members.
- Experience with Xero.
What we offer
Skills and experience like yours come at a price, we get it. In addition to a fair and competitive salary (DOE), we also offer our team members:
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
- A fantastic working environment with a talented, friendly, cooperative team.
- Flexible working and time off in lieu.
- An enhanced holiday package that offers way more than your average. 36 paid days off p/a, actually!
- Regular social activities, charity initiatives, conferences, awards, and events, plus one of the best Christmas parties in the biz.
- Premium private health insurance.
- Fantastic (and brand-new!) offices in central Newcastle-upon-Tyne with a relaxed culture. Please note, at present, we are working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, but hope to be in the office together when it’s safe to do so.
- Access to our Company perks and benefits platform, Perkbox.
- Advanced maternity/paternity package.
Feel free to discover more about our Culture and Benefits here.
Ready for something new?
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you and applying couldn’t be simpler.
Upload your CV and (ideally!) a Cover Letter via the form on this page. Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate.