About Evolved Search
Evolved Search is an award-winning, dynamic, and ambitious digital marketing agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We deliver data-led and creative SEO, PPC, Content Marketing, Digital PR & CRO services for brands and companies across a wide range of sectors, with a particular focus on those in Retail, Automotive, and Finance.
We differentiate ourselves by providing market-leading and game-changing results on client campaigns acquired thanks to deep knowledge, constant learning, and years of experience managing Organic and Paid strategies.
With ambitious growth plans for the coming 5 years, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Evolved Search team. We’re big on people, offering exciting and genuine opportunities to develop and progress, and offer a healthy dose of team member perks that go way beyond the ordinary.
Please note, if we receive a high response for this role we may close the campaign early.
About the Role
As Content Marketing Consultant you will be responsible for creating, developing and managing creative content for a range of clients as part of an SEO strategy to help achieve client goals. You will act as one of the creative voices of the agency, combining knowledge of SEO-optimised content to supercharge rankings with innovative ideas that generate exceptional results for our clients.
You will work closely with Digital PR, Technical, and Design and Development teams to ensure that our campaigns will engage audiences, attract relevant backlinks, and meet the high-quality standards expected of our content.
You will also be able to confidently communicate with clients, whether it is to update them on content strategy, campaign progress, or to convey creative ideas effectively.
Reporting into the Content Marketing Lead, your performance will be measured on, amongst other criteria, the ongoing success of client campaigns and an enthusiasm for personal development, keeping up-to-date with the latest industry developments, as well as a determination to push the boundaries of our content output as an agency.
Duties & Responsibilities
The day-in-the-life of a Content Marketing Consultant at Evolved Search looks a little like this:
- Manage the planning, development, and delivery of your campaigns, from ideation through to outreach.
- Organise ideation sessions and encourage others to contribute.
- Contribute content ideas, research and insight for client strategies and plans.
- Research across a range of topics relevant to your client’s audience.
- Conduct research on multiple topics, write copy, edit, proofread and manage several campaigns across several clients.
- Produce and deliver quality content marketing pieces and campaigns that will gain coverage in national and international publications.
- Work with team members to give 360 support to campaigns, to ensure the highest-quality delivery.
- Provide support on assigned client accounts and oversee deliverables.
- Perform in-depth content audits and produce documentation for reporting.
- Research, produce and deliver onsite content pieces.
- Attend client meetings or phone calls and contribute to preparation.
- Collate data and contribute to report creation and insight.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in the industry.
- Manage your workload efficiently with limited support from senior managers.
- Manage your own objectives including planning, hitting deadlines and campaign performance.
What we're looking for
This is a crucial and exciting new role as we expand our busy Content Marketing team in line with exponential client growth, so we’re hoping to bring an enthusiastic wordsmith who’s wax lyrical about all things content into the team to make an impact quickly.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A minimum of 2 years in a similar content role.
- Proven copywriting skills across web-based content.
- Strong flair and interest in writing and content marketing overall.
- Strong knowledge of SEO, content marketing, and link building with an innate interest in the industry overall.
- Good planning and communication skills.
- Conscientious with the drive to constantly improve.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Good communication skills, including speaking to clients, presenting ideas in brainstorms and meetings, as well as concise communications over email.
- Understanding of various content management systems.
- Experience and understanding of tools like Asana, Trello, Toggl, Outlook, Slack, SEMRush, STAT, Searchmetrics, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
- Strong knowledge of using social media for campaigns to help campaigns succeed.
- Be a self-starter for progression in your role.
What's in it for you
Skills and experience like yours come at a price, we get it. In addition to a fair and competitive salary (DOE), we also offer our team members:
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
- A fantastic working environment with a talented, friendly, cooperative team.
- Flexible working and time off in lieu.
- An enhanced holiday package that offers way more than your average. 36 paid days off p/a, actually!
- Regular social activities, charity initiatives, conferences, awards, and events, plus one of the best Christmas parties in the biz.
- Premium private health insurance.
- Fantastic (and brand-new!) offices in central Newcastle-upon-Tyne with a relaxed culture. Please note, at present, we are working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, but hope to be in the office together when it’s safe to do so.
- Access to our Company perks and benefits platform, Perkbox.
- Advanced maternity/paternity package.
Feel free to discover more about our Culture and Benefits here.
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you and applying couldn’t be simpler.
Upload your CV and (ideally!) a Cover Letter via the form on this page. Tell us why you’re the perfect candidate.